Region XII COG is a partner in the IowaWorks Western Iowa office as the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) grantee for the Region 8 workforce area, serving Audubon, Carroll, Crawford, Greene, Guthrie, and Sac Counties. The COG also serves as the coordinating service provider for the region’s workforce services. Region XII is responsible for seeing to the proper implementation of WIOA as it relates to partnering among various agencies that receive federal workforce development funds. The COG is proud to be a part of an effective team of agencies that work in concert to provide essential services to residents of our region.
Region XII COG provides contracted services to the Region XII Housing Authority (HUD) for the Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS).FIND A JOB IN OUR REGION
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The WIOA program provides a variety of services to workers dislocated from their jobs or low income persons seeking better employment. WIOA program services available to adults and dislocated workers. Among the many services offered are:
- Occupational skills training
- Training that improves work skills
- GED classes
- On-the-job training
- Vocational Exploration
- Work experience
- Help with childcare and transportation for training
- Rapid response – providing information to individuals involved in lay offs and plant closings to assist in gaining new employment
Other Workforce Services
The Youth Program is designed to help youth between the ages of 14-21 years old to be successful in their education and employment goals.
WIOA Youth Program Services
- Individual assistance to meet educational and employment goals
- Job shadowing and career exploration
- Paid work experience
- Job search assistance
- Skill and aptitude assessment
- Vocational training assistance
- Remedial skills assistance
- Childcare and transportation for school
- Career development and planning
Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) is a program that was designed to assist Section 8 participants in becoming self-sufficient by providing free case management to participants and necessary support services.
- Referrals to community agencies
- Peer support groups
- Incentives including establishing an FSS escrow savings account
- Referrals to agencies that will assist in homeownership
For more information about WIOA, please contact our Career Development Specialists or call the Carroll workforce center (712) 792-2685.